Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tutu Kueh and Minestrone Soup


This morning, I went to Thomson Plaza to buy a DVD-RW for my mother to store all her photos she took during her China Trip. I managed to brave through the hot sun and into the comfortably air-conditioned mall.

On the way to the Popular store, my mind was ruminating if I should get Donuts, fried food from Old Chang Kee or pippin' hot prata from Ah Mei's Coffeeshop. Sometimes, when comes to food, I need to analyse and think before I buy. Fortunately, there was a makeshift stall that sells Tutu Kueh. Within split seconds, I bought three pieces of coconut and two pieces of peanut (S$2). You can find these Tutu Kueh in some Pasar Malams (Night Market) around the island. Cheryl loves Tutu Kueh too! High-five!

These are the Tutu Kueh and they are all shaped like a flower. Oh, the green square is actually banana leaves. The seller would cut them up into smaller pieces in order to underneath the pippin hot and freshly-made kueh.

This is the innards of the kueh. I think it had a rupture.

After trying so many Tutu Kueh around the island, the best ones has to be Tan Tutu Kueh. Their skin is really soft and they mixed Gula Melaka with the coconut, unlike the usual orange sugar. The minute you bite into those cutesy little kueh, you just want more. They have stalls at Food Republic foodcourts and also at Clementi.


For lunch, I decided to cook some soup since I am pretty lazy. I took a packet of Muji's ready-made Minestrone Soup. It was pretty good, surprisingly. Perfect with a soft bread.

No comments: