Friday, May 30, 2008

Dinners, Beans and Dumpling


Last night, I helped my family to fix dinner as mum and dad would return late from work and other commitments. Hence, I have no choice but to whip up some simple hassle-free dishes.


Here are some of the food I cooked:

Stirred Fried Chicken with Sesame Oil and Ginger. Being a health-conscious myself, I usually discard those chicken skins and chopped the chicken meat up. Marinate them with dark sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Slice some gingers and fried till they are fragrant.


Spicy Popcorn Chicken. I got them from the supermarket. It's definitely different from the KFC popcorn chicken.


Stirred Fried Celery with Tomatoes. Well, the only thing my mum picked a bone with me on this was that I didn't peel off the celery skin before I cook it.


Garlic Prawns. My favourite dish! But I think I could have done this dish better. There is always a next time. :)


The only thing that was missing from the dining table was a bowl of soup. Reason being, I can't cook soup for nuts. There is something about soups and condiments which I cannot understand like the way how my mum understands.


As for today's dinner, we had Bean and Pork Dumplings. We usually termed it as 'Ba Chang'. One of my aunties came back from Hongkong and she gave us a dumpling to try. This was unlike the usual dumplings which you can find in the marketplace. It was really huge. My mum and I had to share this one.


At first, I thought there would be a big piece of abalone or pieces of lobster hiding in this huge dumpling. But, sigh, there were mostly red beans and peanuts. I was lucky to find a tiny pork hidden in amidst of all the beans.

No comments: