Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dinner, Burger, Seah Street Deli and More - Part 1


Time flies. In a wink of an eye, we are living in the month of June. Whenever I thought about June, I thought of camps, school holidays, jobs and etc. It's like living in a paradise.


2/06/08 - I had tomato spaghetti with some leftover food for lunch. I was so lazy that I didn't really whip up a meal from scratch. After my lunch, I headed for my work. But I couldn't help anticipating for my dinner appointment with my two friends, Aaron and his wife, Nam.


We decided to have dinner together and do some catching up one another after my work. Aaron and Nam decided to dine at Seah Street Deli at Raffles Hotel. Being a 'country pumpkin', I have not dine at any restaurants in Raffles Hotel. It's too expensive for me to eat at Raffles Hotel unless I have a huge paycheck. Anyhow, Seah Street Deli is like the American kind of typical diner where there is a jukebox, a metal serviette dispenser, black and white flooring and the decor of the place looks really laidback. The only missing part is a waitress with rollerskates. The service and ambience were really friendly and comfortable.


Aaron and Nam had their dinner before I came in apologetically for being late. After looking at the menu for the longest time of my life, I ordered the Seah Street Burger (S$14.95). It comes with a thick beef patties, two big buns, tomatoes, lettuce, onions and french fries. My beef patties was well done as I can't really eat anything that isn't well-done esp. beef. Which is why I think I can't really appreciate beef steak. I'm not even thinking of visiting Morton Chicago Grill. For the first time, I managed to finish up my burger. The taste was not too bad after all. I always have a disdain for burgers in a restaurant but I guess they have changed my mind.


For dessert, Nam ordered the Chocolate Decadence (S$11.95) and it was good! The portion was pretty huge which was why the waitress suggested that we order a piece and share among ourselves. The cake was dense, just like brownie and in between the layers, it was spread with strawberry jam. Sadly, we couldn't finish up the cake.


I don't think I will ever go back to the restaurant again presently because the prices are exorbitant. Perhaps, I will go when I have the money. But as for now, thanks Aaron and Nam for treating me for this meal.

No comments: