Friday, June 13, 2008

Laksa and Donuts, again!


Today's lunch was Laksa (S$3.50) from Meng's Kitchen at Upper Thomson Road. It has been ages since I ate laksa and I thought to myself, perhaps, I should have laksa for my lunch. The thick noodles are like vermicelli but a little bigger. Those noodles would glide into your throat smoothly which I like.


The gravy was neither too lemak (coconuty) nor too spicy. In fact, it won't be too spicy if one forgo the sambal chilli. Given that I like the spicy kick in my laksa, I asked the assistant to give me more chilli. There were some tau pok (dried beancurd), slices of fish cakes and fishballs. Sadly, there isn't any prawns in the laksa which I hoped for.

I also bought some donuts from Donuts Empire which was originally named Munchy Donuts. I decided to buy some since my brother would be coming back this weekend. As I forgot to bring my notepad along, I will try my best to remember the name of the donuts.

(L-R) White Chocolate with Mocha Cream and Silly-Mon


(L-R) Power-Pop and Mango Hill


Each costs S$1.30. Among the four of them, I still love Power-Pop with all the Coco Pops littering on top of the chocolate-layer donut. It's quite fattening actually but I guess eating it once in a while won't kill. Note to self: I will remember to hit the pool soon.


No comments: