Monday, June 23, 2008

Fried Rice and a Sunday Morning Breakfast


Due to my work commitments last week, I wasn't able to update my food blog regularly. But here are the food pictures of what I ate last week.


Last Thursday - I had fried rice for lunch. I threw in some canned luncheon meat, cabbage and broke an egg into the rice which made it so good. When you put luncheon meat into the rice, nothing will go wrong. I didn't use the famous 'Ma Ling' brand of luncheon meat, instead, I used 'Tulip' brand. I believe the 'Ma Ling' saga is still not over yet because there is no signs of this brand on the supermarket's shelves.

Anyway, while I was desperately trying to get the luncheon meat out of the metal tin, I accidentally injured my right thumb. Guess I was too hungry then. Fancy to call myself an accident-prone cook.

Yesterday - It was a wet morning when I woke up. On my bed, I wished I could sleep a little longer but sadly, I have something on in the late morning. Hence, I forced myself out of the bed. On a lighter note, my beloved mum bought chee cheong fun (S$1.10) and yam pau (S$0.60) from the Shunfu Market for me. So sweet of her!


Chee Cheong Fun is actually made of rice flour and usually, it needs to be steamed and then it gets roll like a swiss roll cake. Normally, the stallholder would drizzle some sweet dark sauce onto the chee cheong fun and sprinkle sesame seeds on it as well.


The yam pau comes in purple colour although the skin wasn't made of yam. I believe the pau maker added a few drips of purple colouring into it.


The inside of the pau was a mixture of yam and lotus paste but anyway, it's sweet and good. Nothing beats having a traditional Singaporean breakfast on a rainy day.


No comments: