Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Battle of the Donuts - Homer Simpson would be so happy!


Yesterday, I had a beef noodles set (S$5.00) at Raffles City Food Junction. I had been going there practically everyday as I am presently stationed to work at Raffles City until Thursday. Thus, I have been visiting many shops and eateries in that place since the beginning of this month and nope, I am still not bored by the place as of yet.
Anyway, about the beef noodles set, it consists of a bowl of beef noodles (dry) and a bowl of beef balls soup. My friend, Dawn commented that it looks good.

The taste of the noodles and the beef slices was not too bad. The thick dark gravy was just nice. I like the fact that the gravy is thick and not thin. It's almost like eating Lor Mee. However, it would be better if there are some minced garlic to go along with the noodles.



The soup was a little too salty for my liking. The beef balls taste weird too and perhaps, I don't really like to eat beef balls.


For my dessert, I had Strawberry White Chocolate donut from Donut Factory at Basement One. After trying most of the donuts from this shop, this particular donut is the only donut which has the similar taste of the Krispy Kreme's strawberry-filled donut.

Speaking of donuts, Donut Factory is the donut shop that sparked off the donuts frenzy islandwide. It was said that when Dunkin' Donuts opened in the 90s, there wasn't as much frenzy as Donut Factory. Last year, people queued more than 3 hours just to get boxes of donuts. But presently, there are two donuts shops in Raffles City's Basement One - J.Co Donuts & Coffee and Donut Factory. So I tried both out. For J.Co Donuts & Coffee, I tried the Tiramisu flavour (sorry, I forgot to take a photo of it) . Well, comparing the both donuts, I realised there isn't any difference. They taste almost the same.

But I am still hoping that Krispy Kreme would arrive in this part of the world! Perhaps, I don't mind queuing 3 hours to get boxes of donuts.

No comments: