Saturday, June 7, 2008

I'm a Smurf living in a mushroom


Last Thursday, I had soup for dinner. Being an Asian, my dinner sample often consists of rice and a few dishes - fish, vegetables, meat and etc. We do have soups in our meals but we don't really drink soups as our dinner. So when my friend, Ivy suggested that we dine at Soup Spoon, I hesitated a little.

It was packed at Soup Spoon @ Raffles City when we got there. We weren't surprising as it was dinnertime and most of the office executives or families were all eating at the available eateries. Fortunately, some patrons were nice enough to give up their seats for us. Since I'm a first-timer in dining at Soup Spoon, I took a peek at the menu and we decided to order a SouperValue Combo Meal which consists of a soup, half-sandwiches/roll and drinks/snacks.

I had Velvety Mushroom Stroganoff Soup, Smoked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches and a packet of LAYS Potato Chips (S$10.05).

My Velvety Mushroom Stroganoff Soup


Smoked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches


Ivy ordered Boston Clam Chowder, Mushroom Pesto Sandwiches and a ice-lemon tea (S$10.05).




I regretted choosing the Velvety Mushroom Stroganoff Soup as it was so thick and had a strong mushroom taste. I drank about half a bowl and then I stopped. Ivy commented that the thick mushroom soup could be made into a face mask.

Perhaps, I should have choose Boston Clam Chowder or something else. The Smoked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches was kinda letdown. First of all, it was delivered late on our table. The wait staff was really patient to listen despite my incessant asking. Secondly, I was hoping for melting cheese instead of the usual slice cheese which I can get from the supermarket.

No comments: