Thursday, June 26, 2008

Durian Durian


When my dad came back home last night, he surprised me with two durians. I was soo delighted! In fact, I was grinning from ear to ear. Since the durian season is happening currently, there is this frenzy about durians.

There are so many kinds of durians nowadays - there is the 'Maoshan Wang' durian and of course, other ordinary durians - I may not be durian-educated but I just lurve the king of the fruits. The sharp thorns fail to dissuade me from eating it.

My dad carefully cracked open the Maoshan Wang durian (S$20, prices vary) for me and my mum to devour. The aroma of the durian was amazing! Here is how it looked inside of the thorny shell.


The flesh was really bittersweet - in the first bite, it taste sweet and after that, it's bitter - and it's really good.


However, we need to eat in moderation otherwise it will cause dry throat or sore throat if we overeat on durians. And make sure that you drink lots of water after the eating session.

No comments: