Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chinese New Year Edition - The Eve of the Big Day

25/01/09, Sunday - On the eve of the Big Day which was Chinese New Year (CNY), I found myself busying spring cleaning my entire house with my parents. Honestly, I don't really like spring cleaning because it just means giving out my entire strength and energy out for 12 hours non-stop. So true enough, I went on spring cleaning my house for about 12 hours till the clock strikes twelve which signified the start of a new day.

Anyway, for my reunion dinner with my parents, we had steamboat. It was nothing fanciful, just warmth and lovely food to go with the chicken broth. As you can see from this picture, there were some vegetables floating on the soup. It is called Tang-O. It tasted really well with steamboat actually.

My mum sliced up some fish, pork, prawns and abalone as the main dishes.

Then there were some simple straw mushrooms.

My favourite fishballs which my dad bought early in the morning. At the side of it was sea cucumber.

Lastly, my mum cut up some leeks as another alternative as vegetables.

Not forgetting, my parents did ordered a Roast Pork in a real pig form for this festival and man, I think it tastes like pork though I haven't tried it yet. Hah! It's amazing to see how the seller decorated the pig beautifully before sending it to us.

Since this is going to be a Chinese New Year Edition, the next few posts will be updated daily with the food I ate during this festive season. So look out for it!

No comments: