Sunday, January 11, 2009

Justine's Homecooked Food

This afternoon, one of my cell sisters, Justine invited us to her place for lunch after church service. It was a humble home when we first stepped into her living room and bedroom. Furthermore, she even prepared the food the night before till 2am. Boy, she really worked hard for this lunch and we all love her for that.

So she cooked two kind of dishes for us - Zha Jiang Mian and Egg Crepe Wrap.

For the Zha Jiang Mian, she toppled some pork belly, beancurd and peanuts with fermented bean paste sauce on the noodles. I mixed the noodles with the sauce before eating it. Since I didn't really like pork belly as I prefer lean meat to that, I passed some of it to my other cell sisters, Cherie and Jo. This was my second time eating this noodle dish and I still enjoy eating it.

Then came the Egg Crepe Wrap. She took the opportunity to make these while we went to the nearby shops to get some drinks. First, she made the platter by mixing egg, flour and water together. After that, she put the platter onto the pan and cooked it about 10 minutes or so.

Inside of the crepe, she put shredded crab meat, chinese preserved sausages, sesame seeds and fried kimchi. Before wrapping up, she smeared mayonnaise and tomato sauce.

To prevent getting our hands dirty, she passed some plastic gloves to us to eat this crepe with ease. The egg crepe wrap was really good and I told Justine how she should make more of these during future potluck gatherings.

No comments: