Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Day's Feast

1/1/09, Thursday - Happy New Year! On this day, I woke up with excitement, embracing the new day in a new year despite the fact that I went to my church for countdown the night before. A few of my relatives will be coming to my place for dinner, thus, I have to garner some energy to clean the house before they arrived.

Halfway through my breakfast, my next door neighbour popped by our place and gave us a box of Apple Strudel, one box of Chocolate Eclairs and a box of Chocolate Puff. It was nice of them to gave us something for New Year Day. :)

Anyway, for our New Year Day's Feast, my dad baked turkey as it is our family tradition to eat turkey, not on Christmas Day but on 1 Jan (don't ask why). He even baked potatoes, pumpkins and sausages. By mid-afternoon, the aroma of the turkey and the side dishes had surrounded the entire house.


On the other hand, my mum fried Bee Hoon as the other main dish. She threw in some Char Siew (roasted pork) which she bought from the market and assortment of vegetables into the Bee Hoon.

My plate. I was pretty hungry when dinner time arrived. The turket meat was moist and tender. I really love eating that turkey. The sausages and potatoes complimented each other. I love the Bee Hoon too.

After the dinner, my relatives and my family sat around the television to watch the much-awaited drama serial, The Little Nonya. An interesting way to end New Year Day.

No comments: