Sunday, January 11, 2009

Desserts at Cheeky Chocolates

7/01/09, Wednesday - As all traditions happen, my lovely cousin, Sharon and I celebrate our birthday together every year without fail. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to do that in 2008 as our schedule conflicted. So we brought it forward to 2009 and on this day, we headed to this newly-opened shop called, Cheeky Chocolates.

This dessert cafe cum chocolaterie is opened by this business graduate, Aaron Choy and given his passion for chocolates and desserts, he decided to open a dessert cafe. We looked through the menu and we decided on two chocolate desserts.

I ordered the Cheeky Chocolates Crepes with Chocolate Ice-cream (S$7.90). The crepes were made of chocolates and they even smeared lots of chocolate sauce on top of it. Yum!

Sharon ordered the Cheeky Chocolates Warm Chocolate Cake (S$7.90). When I cut through the cake with my fork, the warmness of the chocolate just oozed out of the cake. Eat it with the ice-cream, which was placed at the side, and you will get a warm and cold feeling of the dessert. It is really good!

Between those two desserts, I can't really decided which is better and I guess, each dessert has its uniqueness, just like us.

By the way, their entree aren't that bad. I tried their Mushroom Soup (sorry, no picture!) which cost S$3.90 (if I am not wrong). The portion was pretty big and the toasted bread came in big slice. As I slurped into the soup, there were some bits of mushroom floating on the soup. Lovely!

Cheeky Chocolates is located at 223 Upper Thomson Road. It opens from 12pm to 10.30pm (closed on Mon). This place even sells assortment of chocolates.

No comments: