Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ma La Noodles


For my lunch break today, I had Ma La Noodles (S$4.50) from Banquet at 101 Plaza. This is the first time I'm trying a bowl of spicy noodles. The reason why I plucked out my courage to eat this lethal and spicy noodles was because I saw a classmate of mine, munching a bowl of noodles (a different flavour, of course) from this same stall last week. Well, Nam once asked me if I have food envy. I think I have.

On the surface of the soup noodles was littered with chilli peppercorns, peanuts, ikan bilis and some funny vegetables. Initially, I thought it was nothing and decided to gulp down the soup. Little then I know that the next minute, I was coughing like mad. Lesson learnt: I should drink the soup slowly in future and not be too gungho.

Hence, I coughed as I ate my noodles. In the end, I didn't finish my soup.

No comments: