Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Foodie Thursday and In a Mood for Curry Chicken


Here are some of the overdue food posts from the previous week:

23/08/08 -
Before my First Aid assessment on Saturday, I had Curry Chicken Rice (S$6.80) at Hans@Park Mall.

It was supposed to come in a set with dessert and soup with an additional S$3. But I decided to have Curry Chicken Rice alone as I didn't want to have a super filled stomach for my assessment.

The Curry Chicken wasn't that fantastic after all but it was edible. It wasn't too spicy for people who can't really take spicy stuff. Overall, I did enjoy the meal.

21/08/08 - Before we headed to the Esplanade Theatre for a class excursion (yes, it does exist at this point of time), my classmates and I had lunch at a noodle shop at Fortune Centre. I am always in favour of eating noodles than eating rice during lunch and that is when I begin to ponder about my heritage.

I ordered Minced Meat Mushroom Soup Noodles (S$3) as I was craving for something soupy. Sadly, the soup failed to exude the meatiness and the mushroom flavour.

My classmate, Pet ordered her Deep Fried Wanton Noodles (S$3).

My other classmate, Sage ordered an extra plate of Fried Wanton (S$3). Pet commented that the accompanied dipping sauce, Mayonnaise was too diluted, thus, it compromised the taste.

After the excursion trip, I went over to get a printer ink for my printer at Brash Basa Road. Instead of taking a public transport, I decided to walk to that place from Esplanade. It was a arduous journey. Once I bought my desired printer ink, my stomach starting growling once again. So I went over to my favourite coffeeshop at Purvis Street to have my usual Coffee and Toast (S$2). The toast came in a form of a small bun spread with Kaya and Butter. Yummy.

In the evening, my family and I sent my brother off to the airport as he will be away for 2 weeks. After the sending off, we received a packet of goodies from our kind neighbour. One of the goodies was the Ang Ku Kueh. This kueh comes in a shape of a tortoise shell and the filling inside is either peanut or yellow beans.

I have always enjoy eating the yellow beans than the peanut filling. I ate about two of those that night. I guess I was too ravenous.

No comments: