Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grilled Fish Dory for Lunch


Yesterday, I had Grilled Fish Dory Set Meal (S$9.80) at Hans@National Library. The set meal includes the soup of the day, main course, desserts and drinks (either coffee, tea or orange juice).

The Soup of the Day. Seriously, I have no idea what soup is this. In fact, my knowledge of soups lies only in mushroom soup or minestrone soup. But after tasting the soup bravely, it tasted almost like Minestrone Soup, with all the potatoes, onions and etc.

The Main Course - Grilled Fish Dory. Externally, the fish dory didn't looked grilled to me. Instead, it looked like the chef had deep-fried the fish on the outside. The only saving grace of this dish was the softness and the moist fish meat underneath the deep-fried crust.

Dessert with the Garlic Bread. I was so disappointed with the given choice of dessert. Normally, they would give either half slice of honeydew or peach tart. But this time round, they gave me two small pieces of peaches which I surmised it must be from those supermarket canned fruits.

To finish off the meal, I drank my usual cup of coffee. But apart from this meal, I also had a good time catching up with my dear friend, Dawn. I'm so happy that she is doing well as an expecting mother. I totally can't wait for her baby to arrive in a few months time!

No comments: