Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Noodles and the story of Samantha Jones

After our make-up Textual Analysis class yesterday, some of us decided to head over to a coffeeshop which is located below Selegie House Blk 9. Pet recommended this particular new stall which sells pretty nice waffles after she tried it the day before. As a result of her recommendation, we were so tempted to try this waffles stall.

And since it was lunch time, we also ordered proper food like rice. We ordered food from the zhi char which is available in that coffeeshop apart from the usual noodles and chicken rice stall.

I had Fried Beehoon (S$3). The vermicelli tasted and appeared burned and the gravy was bland. Sadly, the only thing that was nice was the sliced fish.

Sage had Sang Mee [also known as 'Crispy Noodles'] (S$3). It looked appetitising in this picture.

Sam actually took this picture of the chilli sauce out of bordeom while she was waiting for her Sambal Seafood Rice.

Sage and Sam shared this plate of Cheesy Fries (S$2). It wasn't really cheesy but at least, it looked good for their standard.

For my sweets, I ordered the Classic Waffles (S$3.50). I let everyone tried this waffles dish as I can't really finish all by myself even though it doesn't look big at all. However, the waffles actually arrived on the table before my beehoon came so by the time I ate the waffles, it was already cold. The waffles was toppled with maple syrup and butter. Yummy!

In the evening, I met up with Charlene and Christine for dinner at Ichiban Boshi@Great World City. The purpose of the meet up was due to the fact Charlene had something to annouce. And when the news was being announced, we were all happy for her.

Anyway, about the dinner, I had Chicken Katsu Don (S$10.90). I was choosing between conveyor belt sushi or main meal but I opted for the latter. Perhaps, I was hungry but I find the Katsu Don tasted really good. I love the egg and the chicken.

Halfway through the dinner, Christine asked if I was interested to be a publicist. For a minute, my meal suddenly tasted bland. And Christine and Charlene immediately associate publicist with Samantha Jones in Sex and the City. But there is no way I am like her. I will most probably commit suicide, not literally of course.

No comments: