Saturday, September 13, 2008

Popeye's Chicken - The Spinach Man

Last Sunday, one of my cell friends, Qi organised a cell group lunch at Popeye Chicken's Fast Food Restaurant at Changi Airport Terminal One. When I first learnt of the news, I was jumping with joy because it has been such a long time since I ate Popeye's Chicken. Moreover, eating at Popeye Chicken is a real treat to me as I don't have the luxury to eat this wonderful and mouth-watering chicken meal all the time, given its inaccessibility. Actually, I think that the chicken at Popeye tastes so much nicer than KFC.

There weren't many people dining at Popeye at that point of time and it was a good thing for me because I don't have to jostle with the crowds.

I ordered the Two Pieces Chicken Meal
(S$7.40) which consists of two pieces of crispy chicken, mashed potato and a drink . There used to be biscuits or rather a baked bun on the menu for this meal, however, I think they have discontinued with the baked buns. So to substitute for the lost buns, I got Coleslaw instead.

I like the Mashed Potato the best! It is spicy and the gravy is filled with shredded chicken. Yum.

While I am eating and chatting with my friends, I can't help but to look at the TV screen which telecast Popeye Cartoons. It reminds me of my childhood days watching how Popeye defeats Bruno and winning the affection of Olive. Of course, not forgetting the spinach. It's like a trademark of Popeye!

Now, I can call myself a fan of Popeye Chicken's!

There is another Popeye's Chicken outlet at Singapore Flyer.


No comments: