Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chloe's 1st Birthday

Over the last weekend, I attended my niece, Chloe's 1st birthday party at her place. It was a happy occasion for all of us who have seen her through over the past one year growing from a baby to a one-year old toddler. And she is so cute! Her elder brother (who is my nephew) is still adorable. I wonder what he eats these days.

But in this kind of occasion where there are throngs of people queuing and packing in the house, I find it hard to take pictures of the food. For Chloe's birthday celebration, it was a buffet which means there will be many sumptuous food and that would usually whets my appetite. I was queuing up to get my food and there were people queuing behind me. It suddenly occurred to me that it would be awkward for me and the other people to see me capturing pictures of the food. Eventually, I just gave it a pass. But that was not all.

I went back to my seat, thinking that perhaps, I could take pictures of the my plate filled with food. But then there wasn't any table for me to put my table down and I was stuck in a place with many people as well. So in the end, I didn't take any of the food pictures.

Fortunately, I took a picture of the red eggs and Ang Ku Kueh with the help of my ever-helpful auntie, Auntie Roselyn.

It is a customary practice for all 1st and one month birthday celebration. The Ang Ku Kueh tasted really nice. I like the mung beans filling the most.

Finally, it was time for the cutting of the birthday cake! This was Chloe's birthday cake - a chocolate cake topped with a variety of fruits.

Here is the slice of the cake. It was chocolately and sweet! Yum. I believe that there was a layer of Tim Tam or chocolate biscuits at the bottom of the cake which made it triple yummy!

I really had fun binging, playing and 'carrying' my cute niece although I did a pretty bad job in carrying her.

No comments: