Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Food Break


During one of our school productions' dinner break, my friends and I went to Fong Seng Nasi Lemak for our dinner. It was a good change of environment for us to dine at a different place and also a good time to take a breather away from the black box. Besides, we went there to eat as the place is halal certified.

Instead of choosing the 'Nasi Lemak' rice, I opted for plain white rice as 'Nasi Lemak' rice tends to be more heavier in terms of its contents. I choose Otah, Fish Fillet and vegetables as my side dishes (S$3.50)

Since I was hungry after helping out, the food tasted good to me especially the Otah. I love Otah! Spicy and Yummy! But as for the vegetables, it tasted funny. When I was choosing my sides, I thought the vegetables were potatoes as it appeared sliced and yellowish. But the minute I put it inside my mouth, it was a little crunchy and not mushy. It was quite disappointing of course cos I love potatoes! But, I deduced it was a gourd melon. Due to my poor intepretation of the melon, my other friends took turns to try and guess the name of the melon. However, they didn't manage to produce the name of the vegetables until much later.

No comments: