Saturday, September 27, 2008

Food Madness at Mad Jack

On Thursday's evening, I had dinner with my good friend, Wati and her boyfriend at Mad Jack Cafe at Paradize Centre. After looking through the menu online the day before, I knew what I really want. Initially I wanted to place my order with the waiter as what the other cafes or restaurants are doing but one of the waiters informed me that I need to write down my order and then order and pay at the cashier. Immediately, I looked at the menu again. I was deciding between Fish and Chips and Grilled Fish in black pepper sauce. Eventually, Fish and Chips won. Hah!

When my Fish and Chips (S$8.90 exclusive of GST) arrived at our table, I was stunned beyond words. It wasn't because the food was poorly presented but instead, the portion was humongous! Ok, I may be exaggerating a little but indeed, the portion was big for a price like that. In other places, they may sell it for more than S$14.

Here is another angle of the Fish and the Chips.

By the way, the Fish and Chips was yummy. The fish flakes just fell apart when I cut it open and the batter was crunchy.

Wati and Juraimi ordered Chicken Baked Rice (S$8.90 exclusive of GST). They toppled with lots of chilli sauce onto the baked rice as they dig into the meal.

The place is quite cosy and bright except that it can be quite noisy. I have to scream my lungs out when I was talking to Wati.

After dinner, the three of us went to Plaza Singapura for desserts and also to meet another friend of ours, Ping. The latter was supposed to meet us at Mad Jack Cafe, however, she knocked off from work late. Anyway, we headed to Secret Recipes for desserts.

As usual, I ordered Chocolate Banana (S$4.90) and shared it with Wati. My stomach was still filled with my Fish and Chips.

Juraimi ordered the Chilled Strawberry Cheese (S$4.90). The top part was strawberry and there were bits of juicy strawberry and below of that was cheesecake. With these two combination, it was like sour and salty at the same time. It was a good change for me who often order the usual cheesecakes.

Since Ping didn't had dinner earlier, she ordered Lasagne Chicken (S$8.90). She didn't managed finish off her bun after her first bite. She said she enjoyed her Lasagne.

For her dessert, she had Brownie Walnut (S$3.50). It was really chocolately. Yum.

As we parted for the night, Wati, Ping and I agreed that we should visit Mad Jack Cafe again because the prices are insanely reasonable.


Mad Jack Cafe can be found at the following outlets: Paradize Centre, 01-04/05, 1 Selegie Road.
242, Jalan Kayu, next to URA Carpark. 304 Bedok Road, The Market Place (Next to Tanah Merah MRT Station) 6 Duke Road, before Coronation Plaza.

No comments: