Thursday, August 7, 2008

Weird Thursday - Carrot Cake and Chewy Cream Puff


After our lighting class today, my classmates and I decided to grab lunch before our next class starts at 12pm. We went over to Kopitiam at Golden Wall Centre and since most of the stalls aren't open, we just ordered whatever food which was available.

I had Fried Carrot Cake (S$3.50) but it wasn't really good. I am getting concerned with the food at the foodcourt these days. It seems like the food standard has dropped drastically and there is no saving grace in it. Hence, I began to have fear in eating food from foodcourts.

Later in the day, I bought a Strawberry Cheesecake Cream Puff (S$1.30) from Chewy Junior at Bugis Junction. It's a newly-opened stall and there are about 15 sweet flavours to choose from. The cream puff is similar to the Beard Papa's cream puff, however, it's smaller in size. There wasn't many people queuing at the stall when I went there. Thankfully! I scanned through the window and pondered about my order. Eventually, I choose the Strawberry Cheesecake Cream Puff.

On top of the small puff, there was cream cheese and strawberry jam with two slices of strawberry fruits.


When I bite into the puff, the sweet custard cream just oozed out. Yummy! However, the cheese and the strawberry jam don't really compliment each other. I kind of regretted choosing it. I realised I should have ordered the Chocolate Madness or Strawberry Dream.

Oh, the puff is chewy, hence, the name Chewy Junior!

No comments: