Sunday, July 5, 2009

An Annual Report on a Soup Spoon Meal...

2/07/09, Thursday - A year ago, my friend, Ivy and I had a slightly unpleasant meal at Soup Spoon at Raffles City. Perhaps, it was the meal I had or the place which was packed almost every other day. I'm not sure. So we went back again and one year on, things had definitely changed.

The place was packed as usual and we had to stand besides a nearly empty table but with two people still chatting away and who were oblivious of our presence. However, the two people were gracious to leave the table for us to have our dinner.

This time round, I didn't order the
Velvety Mushroom Stroganoff which obviously resembles a face mask after quite some time. Instead, I ordered a regular bowl of Beef Goulash (S$10.80) and since I ordered the SouperValue Combo Meal which consists of two sides, I chose a Chicken Tikka Wrap and a glass of Homemade Iced Lemon Tea which comes free with the meal.

The Beef Goulash was really nice and hearty. The beef cubes were soft and chewy. The staff asked me if I wanted a scoop of sour cream in my soup and I agreed. The combination between the tomato-based soup and the sour cream worked really well. There were even bits of potato, carrots, celery, celery and etc swimming in the soup. Yum. of course, I polished the soup off my bowl.

Ivy ordered a plate of Spicy Herby Cheesy Potato Wedges (S$3.60) as an additional dish for the both of us.

Well, other than the mushroom soup, I would definitely come back and try the rest of the soups, perhaps, another time.

No comments: