Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Maxwell Market Food Adventures

3/07/09, Friday - In the afternoon, I accompanied my brother to Chinatown as he needed to see his doctor for his usual check-up. He has some stomach problems which requires some help and I hope he will get well soon.

Since the clinic is a stone away from the famous Maxwell Food Centre, we went there to get some food after his consulation. As everyone knows, Maxwell Food Centre has all the fantastic food inside the food centre. As a result, I am often spoilt for choices whenever I am there for a meal.

I ordered the famous Fish Meat Noodles (S$4.00) from the famous Fish Soup stall (sorry, I forgot to write down the name of the stall). Fortunately, there wasn't a long queue and it didn't take long before it was my turn. However, when I returned home with the food, the noodles was too soft and was close to being soggy.

Next, I went to the stall next to it which sells the deep fried sweet potato balls. Speaking of that, I am always screaming in delight whenever I see this stall being open for business. I will never fail to buy a few sweet potato balls when the stall is open for business. I believe this stall is one of the last few stalls which sells deep fried stuff since food stalls are always emphasising on eating healthy.

I bought two flavours - a sweet potato ball ($0.40) and a pandan coconut sweet potato ball (S$0.50). The pandan coconut flavour was bursting with green-coloured dessicated coconut and it was great.

This is the innard shot of the pandan coconut sweet potato ball.


If I ever visit that food centre again, I will perhaps order the chicken rice or something else...

No comments: