Monday, October 20, 2008

Fab food at Liang Court and about a frog

Over the weekend, I decided to let my hair down and not to allow assignments to spoil my precious weekend! Hence, I went for the CLV Retreat@River Valley which I was very much involved in. A day before the retreat, I asked my mother if she would like to bake a cake for the retreat as a refreshment item and she agreed. I grinned subsequently. So here I was, carrying a heavy bag and a homemade fruit cum carrot cake with my hands to the place. But it was satisfying.

After preparing the place nicely, a few of us went for lunch at Liang Court. To think about it, I have only been to Liang Court for a few times for a few practical reasons: mainly because I used to work around River Valley area or I am there for a casual meeting. Anyhow, it appeared that the place has been given a serious makeover with new and interesting shops.

We went to the basement to source for food and we chanced upon this Japanese lookalike foodcourt which offers Japanese Food like curry rice, Don Rice, Sushi, udon and etc. It was kinda packed when we went there so in the end, a few of us had to be separated into two places.

I had Chicken Katsu Curry Rice (S$10.20). It comes with a piece of crispy chicken cutlet lying on top of the fluffy Japanese Rice and a curry sauce in an Aladdin's shape bowl!


To my surprise, it was really good! The curry was spicy and the chicken was crispy. Yum.

Dawn had a Croquette Bento Set (S$10.20). It comes with 3 pieces of deep-fried potato croquette, two special sauces and a side salad. Dawn even requested for more pickles which was also my favourite!

After my satisfying lunch, I realised my stomach wasn't exactly satisfied. So while waiting for the rest to finish up their lunch, I went ahead to source for some desserts. Then I chanced upon this shop that sells chou pastry (sorry, forgot to take down the name of the shop). It comes in two flavours - ordinary and chocolate chou. But I chose the ordinary one.

This was the chou pastry (S$1.50) Cheap and good!

Soon after that, Annabelle was tempted to try as well and bought one as well. I should become a chou pastry salesperson. Hah!

Then another friend of mine, Chris bought a piece of chocolate chiffon cake (S$5.80) and a light green tea cake.


As for these two cakes, it wasn't really cheap but after tasting the chocolate chiffon cake, it was truly light and tasty. The light green tea cake was for Dawn who is heavily pregnant and also being well-loved by us.


During dinnertime, the participants and the main core team went for dinner together and we had it at a local coffeeshop along the River Valley Road that sells Zhi Char.

The Spicy Tofu, also known as Mapo Tofu (S$6). Sadly, it wasn't really numbling spicy for me.


The Kangkong (S$6). Quite spicy and good.


The Prawn Paste Chicken ($6-$7). I did tried a few of these wings but it wasn't exactly what I like though.


The main highlight of the day: Stir-Fried Frog Legs (S$8 per frog). First of all, it tasted like chicken and the meat is soft. It just melts in your mouth.

Overall, it was an enjoyable meal. I came home with a filling stomach.

No comments: