Saturday, October 25, 2008

High Tea Buffet at Goodwood Park Hotel

On Friday, I met up with Charlene for high tea buffet at Goodwood Park Hotel. That was my second time having high tea at the hotel. The first time I had high tea buffet was with my mother at Marriot Hotel. However, that was an International High Tea Buffet whereas at Goodwood Park Hotel, it was an English High Tea Buffet. The reason why we went there was to check out the place for Charlene's wedding next year.

We went into the Coffee Lounge where the High Tea Buffet was held at around 2.45pm, just in time for the buffet. We sat at the patio of the lounge instead as to enjoy the scenery and also the weather (it was pretty cooling and cloudy at that time).

This is the patio where we sat and had our food. This picture is taken from Charlene's camera.

This is where the pool and the courtyard are situated.

Charlene and I went inside the lounge to get our food, excitedly. We picked whatever we felt like eating. Since it was High Tea Buffet, everything came in 'mini' portions. Anyway, we came with an empty stomach.

Here was my first plate.

Mini Croissant with Ham and Cheese. The combination between the ham and the cheese fitted perfectly well.


Mini Prawn Vol Au Vent. Besides the mayonnaise mini prawns, I realised that there was a little spread of avocado. But I couldn't taste the avocado at all.

Chicken Tortilla Wrap. Initially, the outer layer looked like an egg crepe but after looking at the label, it was written as Tortilla Wrap. Even after tasting it, I couldn't tell the difference. Bah! I like the shredded chicken though. Wish I could get some chilli sauce for this.

Bacon Sandwich. The meat that was sandwiched between the two slices of bread was actually parma ham. It was raw but it tasted great!

After eating this plate, I went back again to get another serving, just like a typical buffet-goer.

Vegetable Penne Pasta. I decided that I needed something heavy instead of all the breads and the pastries. The pasta tasted good, in fact.

Raisin Scone. In every English High Tea Buffet, there will always be scones, apart from the sandwiches. Just like an English, I tried out the scone as well. I spread it with cream and butter. Surprisingly, the scone tasted amazing.

Throughout the session, we didn't really gorged ourselves with just food. We did catch up with one another and personally, I felt that it was a good time to mix conversation and food as well. However, once our stomach grew hungry again, we went back again to the lounge to get our food.

(L-R) Chicken Salad Kueh Pie Tee, Sausage with Bread, Lightly Toasted Chicken Ham Sandwich. I enjoyed all three of them.


Alright, now for the sweets.

Creme Brulee. One of my favourite desserts of all time, this mini creme brulee, which is a custard that has been sprinkled with sugar before placed under a broiler to get a brown effect on the top pf the custard, came in a small portion. But overall, it was good too!

Chocolate Fondue. When I saw the chocolate fountain, my heart went screaming, "I am going to eat this later!". Hah! Next to the fountain laid a few plates of fruits and marshmallow to choose from. I picked two strawberries and a marshmallow to share with Charlene. There were even toppings such as rainbow beats and almond slices to choose from. Yum.


Cakes and Pastries. (L-R) Chocolate Eclair, Lemon Meringue, Raspberry Cake and Fruit Tart. The Lemon Meringue tasted really sweet and lemony!

After eating so much, we felt quite satisfied. However, I felt that the selection of food could have been more. After getting the bill, we explored the hotel premises and Charlene told me of another swimming pool which I captured a shot of it.

This is the hidden pool. It's gorgeous! I love the serenity and tranquility of it. I may make this my writing space the next time!


Goodwood Park Hotel is located at 22 Scotts Road. The High Tea Buffet starts at 2.45pm till 5pm. It costs S$30++ per person.

No comments: