Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chinese New Year Edition - Day 14

8/2/09, Sunday - On the second last day of Chinese New Year, I headed to my First Uncle's house for dinner. His wife whom I addressed Auntie Esther cooked up a storm for all us.

Here were the dishes:

Duck Curry. Auntie Esther told us that this dish is actually a Myanmar dish and her maid, who happens to be a Myanmar national, cooked this dish. Since I seldom eat duck, I only ate the potato.

Braised Pork Belly with Boiled Egg. As you know, I don't really take Pork Belly so I chose the boiled egg.

Prawns in Tomato Sauce.

Minced Pork with Mushrooms.

Stewed Chicken in Black Sauce and Prunes. Apparently, this was one of Auntie Esther's new creation where she infused sweet prunes into this dish. It didn't really tasted funny as a result of the combination between sweet and savoury. Instead, the chicken meat was really soft.

This was my plate. As I was hungry, I had a second serving of the above dishes minus the rice.

Yet again, the Chinese New Year is going to end soon. Although it seemed like there isn't any festive atmosphere this year, I do hope I could feel the atmosphere next year.

No comments: