Monday, February 2, 2009

Chinese New Year Edition - Day Seven and a Peach Garden Revisited

1/02/09, Sunday - Day Seven of CNY signifies "Ren Ri" which means it is everyone's birthday. I kinda forgot what is the real meaning behind it but I guess everyone knew that day seven is everyone's birthday. My mum cooked seven kinds of vegetable for everyone in my family to eat before we had our dinner at Peach Garden Restaurant (yes, again).

This time, we had all the relatives (my dad's side) having this dinner with us. Yet again, we had our Fa Cai Yusheng. I didn't take this picture as I had taken it previously. But the rest of the dinner course was different from yesterday. Our soup was different as well. We had Braised Baby Superior Shark Fin's with Bamboo Pith in Golden Broth. I'm not sure how superior the shark fin was but the soup wasn't that fantastic.

Then we had the Crispy Chicken which I tried my best to attack my favourite chicken wing first before the rest of the people take it. Hah!

And the Sweet and Sour Garoupa which was being sliced up before I could take a good picture on that.

Speaking of taking food photos, I was trying my best to take all these pictures before everyone starts to dig in and most of relatives were nice enough to allow me to take the pictures firsthand.

This was the Stir-fried Prawn with Fresh Scallop, Celery and Walnut. I do love the crispy noodle which double acted as a basket. I just help munching on those.

By this time, most of us at the table were struggling with our next course that was Fried Glutinous Rice with Chinese Sausages.

Finally, our dessert arrived. We had something hot today than some chilled desserts. Double-boiled Red Dates Tea with Glutinous Rice Ball was what they called it. The soup was sweet and the rice ball was the sesame flavour - my favourite.

Unfortunately, people from the next table (the older generation) couldn't finish some and they passed it on to us when we were all struggling. So we tried our best to finish everything, with struggles of course.



No comments: