Friday, February 27, 2009

Food Celebrations!

23/02/09, Monday - As everyone has worked extremely hard for our Backstage Pass production over the last two weeks, all of us decided to go all out to celebrate our hard work. And one of the ways was, of course, binged!

We went over to this newly-revamped shopping centre called Pomo (it was formerly called Paradiz Centre) and after viewing a few eateries, we decided to settle for Thai food at Lerk Thai.

There was a lunch promotion on that day where two persons who purchase two set meals (S$11.00 e.a) and the third person will get that extra meal for free.

The set meal consists of a soup, starter and a main course. Sam, Pet and I decided to go for the set meal deal while the rest decided on the ala carte meals.

First stop, the Tom Yum Soup. It was really good. There was a huge chunk of fish and other seafoods swimming in the red and spicy seafood broth.

Then the starter arrived and I chose the Deep Fried Prawns which resembled Japanese Ebi Prawns. They gave the papaya salad as the side dish to compliment the greasiness of the prawns.

For my mains, I chose Green Curry Chicken. It wasn't really fantastic after all. Instead of chunks of chicken, there were only slices of chicken and the curry was mildly spicy. I could only wish the curry would be spicier.

As for Sam, she chose Thai Fishcake as her starter. I think it looks really good although I didn't really taste it.

Pet ordered Fish Fillet with Hot Sour and Spicy Sauce yet to me, it appeared more like a Sweet and Sour Fish.

Halfway through the lunch, Sam suggested we eat dessert at Peace Centre. So after lunch and where we leave some space in our stomach, we hopped over to the Dessert Lover at Peace Centre. It has been a long time since I went there. The last time I ever went there was with 5ofus. We used to eat desserts whenever we have breaks in between our classes.

Anyway, the prices of the desserts have increased. For instance, a bowl of Glutinous Rice Ball in Peanut Soup cost S$2.20 whereas previously it was only S$2.00. After studying the menu, I ordered the Black Glutinous Rice Porridge (S$1.50). I like the way how the coconut cream is being drizzled on top of the blackly porridge. Yum!

Here was what we've ordered. [L-R] Yam Paste, Mango Sago, Walnut Cream, Almond Cream, Black Glutinous Rice Porridge and in the middle, Black Glutinous Rice Porridge with Ice-cream.

All of us really had a wonderful time eating those wonderful desserts. I still love my Black Glutinous Rice Porridge.

After our bump out that evening, some of us went ahead with dinner at PastaMania. Apparently, I learnt that PastaMania has become a Halal-certified establishment thus one of our classmates, Ila can dine with us. As my stomach was filled from the super heavy lunch, I could only eat something light.

In the end, I ordered Garlic Bread (S$1.80) and Aglio Olio (S$4.90).

Somehow, I regretted eating their garlic bread because it wasn't really nice. There wasn't enough salt and butter. The garlic taste wasn't there as well. Oh well.

As for Aglio Olio, that was my first time trying it and I had a mixed feeling on that dish. Overall, it was still edible. Here is an ordinary shot of Aglio Olio.

Here is another shot of that dish but one can see the pippin hot steaming of that pasta dish with all that smoking presence. Hah!

Strangely, that day was a day where all of us eat to our heart's content. I guess that is called satisfaction.

No comments: