Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A weekend retreat @ SAF Yacht Club - Part I


Just came back from a weekend retreat with church friends at SAF Yacht Club and I was pretty tired to blog about the trip till today. It's one of those trips when the minute you stepped into your room, you just want to sleep. Anyway, here are the updates on the weekend trip. Hold your horses!

Day One, 4/7/08 - We arrived at the Yacht Club in the evening and when we arrived at that place, everyone was waiting for us in order to start the dinner. We had our dinner in an alfresco-style where we were overlooking the black blanket of sea. We had the usual four course Chinese-style meal. Our first dish was Kung Pao Chicken.


There were some dried chillies, cashew nuts, ginger slices and onions inside the dish. Due to the natural dining lighting we had, most of us can't distinguish either the chicken from cashew nuts or the chicken from ginger. In fact, everything looked almost the same. My friend, Pheb accidentally mistook a few slices of ginger as chicken. I don't find the Kung Pao sauce spicy though. It's more sweet than spicy whereas, the dried chilli is supposed to spice the entire dish up.


Our second dish was Stir-fry Beef Kailan. The beef slices weren't too tough and the vegetables tasted just right.


Our third dish was Sambal Kangkong. Whenever I think about Kangkong, it just whetted my appetite. I just love the taste of the spiciness in the dish itself. However, this tasted more salty than the usual Sambal Kangkong. So it shows that it's not an easy feat to cook kangkong.


Our last dish was Fish Head Curry. When my friend, Joy told us that Fish Head Curry was next on the food list, all of us just commented, "Whoa!" Unfortunately, the fish head curry failed to impress me.

Halfway through searching for some fish meat, my kind friend Pei aided us by shining her cell phone's torch light so that we can see the fish clearly. This was how my plate looked like with all the dishes.


For our dessert, we had ice-cream. I choose chocolate flavour and to me, it's just an ordinary ice-cream.


No comments: