Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Secret is Out: Cornish Pie doesn't make one corny!


This afternoon, I had lunch with my friend, Christine and finally, we don't have to talk about piano or chat with a piano by our side. Anyhow, Christine suggested eating at Secret Recipe @ Henry Park Apartment which is near to her place and also my temporary workplace. But this particular cafe at this branch brings back memories as I remembered how my cousin celebrated my 18th birthday back then. I remembered I had Chocolate Banana Cake and Baked Cheesecake.

Since Secret Recipe no longer gives free ice water, I decided not to order any drinks. Yes, I am a 'cheapo' and I don't think I want to pay S$0.50 for a small bottle of water since I can bring a bottle of water from my home. As I don't have the mood to eat something heavy today, I ordered a plate of Spaghetti Bolognaise (Beef) S$8.90.


I was a little disappointed in this dish as they do not have chilli flakes which I was hoping they would've and the tomato-based sauce was too diluted. I felt like there wasn't any sufficient tomatoes in it. Worst of all, there was too little beef in the sauce but lots of carrots. Fortunately, the melting cheese did helped.


Christine ordered Chicken Cornish Pie (Spicy) S$4.90 which looks like a huge curry puff to me. The innards of the pie appeared really nice and especially when the pippin' hot air starts to rise up from the freshly baked puff, it's heavenly! But she didn't managed to finish the pie as her tongue couldn't take in the spicy fillings.

No comments: