Thursday, July 31, 2008

Farewell Lunch to Shery


On Wednesday, I had a farewell lunch with Shery, a friend of mine who works in different art galleries for like the longest time and still enjoy it. We first met each other when I went to an interview at her old workplace and also working together with her in one of the galleries she used to work in.

So we met at Plaza Singapura and decided to have Thai food at Thai Express. I had Khanom Chine Kaeng Kari Gai (S$9.90) - loosely translated as "Thai Laksa with Chicken and Potatoes in Yellow Gravy". It comes with chunks of chicken and potatoes that were al dente. It tasted a little sweet yet spicy at the same time. Of course, it doesn't taste like our Nonya Laksa or the normal Laksa which we can find in major foodcourts or hawker centres.

It was quite sad that Shery is leaving for UK soon for her studies which was why I tried to catch her before too late.

After the lunch, I visited her workplace - an art gallery at Old School - an one of a kind's art space for artists like filmmakers, sculptors and photographers. At first, she told me not to be frightened by the flight of stairs which I will be seeing in a minute. I actually shrugged it off. But when I finally see the flight of stairs, I almost fainted. It was almost like the Great Wall of China. She said funnily, "Just don't think about the steps. Continue talking and you won't be focusing on climbing the stairs." But as I continued to climb, my legs were close to giving up. At the last leg, Shery told me something.

Me: (climbing the stairs yet my heart is like panting)

Shery: Someone suggested that they should install an escalator here.

Me: (laughs)

Shery: Wow... that would be the longest escalator ever man! Everyone can see all the scenery along the way.

Me: (laughing out loud)

No comments: