Saturday, May 9, 2009

Baked Dinner

26/3/09, Thursday - I came home feeling a little surprised to see something different on the dinner table. "Daddy cooked baked rice for you.", said my mum who was eating her dinner. Later I realised that he was trying out some new recipes which he eventually called it Italian Baked Rice.

He chopped up a couple of potatoes, marinated some pork ribs with garlic and soy sauce and he threw them onto the baking tray. As for the rice, he mixed it with tomato-based sauce, cheese, potatoes, mushrooms and peas. After everything has been baked in the oven for an hour or so, the rice looked like a huge cube and my dad used a knife to cut it into portions.

The rice was quite tomato-ey though I don't really fancy tomatoes and I realised he shouldn't have stuffed potatoes into the rice as it tasted really bland on the tongue. I will remind him to stuff some savoury hams or bacon the next time round.

No comments: