Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good Friday's Celebration with lotsa food!

10/4/09, Friday - This year's Good Friday, our cell group organised a harvest event filled with games, food and fellowship. Our games master decided to play Twister which everyone had to twist their body to get one colour to other colour. It was a tough game, I must say. I think those who do yoga or pilates may have an advantage when comes to playing of Twister.

After the games, all of us sat down to watch a video called "The Crossing". Subsequently, after the video and the sharing of our dear sister-in-Christ, Justine's testimony, we finally get down to our dinner.

Here were the food that were contributed that day:

Hawaiian Pizza from Pizza Hut.


Red Jelly from Jo, our host.

Sushi Platter.

Green Salad which had Sunflower Seeds littering on top of the greens.

Chicken Curry. It was superb and everyone managed to polish off the entire pot of chicken curry. Sorry for the blurry photo. :(

French Loaf. The bread was soft and combining it with the chicken curry, it was heavenly!

For desserts, we had chocolate cakes, contributed by Pheb. I tried one of them and it wasn't too sweet, something which I adored.

Then, our dear Char who rushed down from work at Ben and Jerry contributed B&J cakes. The two cakes at the bottom are apple crumble pie. Due to my filled stomach, I didn't really try the apple crumble pie but I heard it was quite good.

But during the dinner, we had a little accident. I offered to help Jo's maid to get her 7-up drink which is a gassy drink from the table. And since no one open the bottle yet, I had the honour to be the first one to open the drink. However, as I started to open the bottle, the gas inside the drink rise up to the brim and because I was panicking, I failed to close the bottle in time. Thus, the 7-up drink started to spray everywhere like nobody's business. I was utterly embarrassed though.

No comments: