Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dinner Buffet at KBox@Orchard Cineleisure

5/06/09, Friday - There are times as a food blogger when I would be so absorbed at what I do till I forgot that I brought a camera with me and realised that I was supposed to take food pictures. And this entry is one of them.

I had dinner buffet at KBox@Orchard Cineleisure with J1 and J2 on a Friday's night. The entire buffet dinner cost S$30++ but we ended up paying S$37 at the end of the day. The dinner buffet was held in a karaoke place so we can eat and sing at the same time. When I got there, I was briefed on what to do during the buffet. I was given a sticker sleeve and was supposed to peel it off and stick it on my top to certify that I had paid for the buffet. The buffet spread was a reasonable one consists of Japanese counter, Teppanyaki counter, Local food counter, Deep fried snacks counter and the dessert counter.

Because we were all hungry, we picked as many food as we can and bring it into our room.

This is my plate. Here were the Thai Tofu, Black Pepper Chicken, Fried Kai Lan which was hidden by the bed of Tom Yum Fried Rice.

Then there was the seafood platter, with Tuna Sushi, Raw Salmon, Prawns, Scallops and Green pea Pods.

I picked up some deep fried food such as the usual onion rings, potato wedges, sotong ball and deep fried salmon which was half-eaten by J2.

This is Jo a.k.a J1's plate which consists of fried noodles, cereal prawns, black pepper chicken and kai lan.

This is J2's plate which consists of almost all Japanese food.

Apart from those food, we had Teppanyaki which was not too bad because J2 had her favourite Japanese Pregnant Fish. We even had Chicken & Beef Satay, Grilled Dory Fish with Mushroom Sauce (was too salty for my liking) and Beef. Sorry, I forgot to take those lovely pictures as I was too caught up with singing. :/

After one and a half hour later, we went to have our desserts as the buffet ends at 10pm. I had Pulu Hitam. It was alright. I was hoping that the dessert would be thicker and the coconut milk was too diluted. I picked some cakes as well.

(L-R) Two Oreo Cheesecakes, Strawberry Chocolate Cake, Cream Puff, Green Tea Mochi and Red Bean Mochi.

The Green Tea Mochi was too bitter after taking one bite and the Oreo Cheesecakes were a little artifical in terms of the taste.

By the time the buffet ended, my stomach was so filled. That is the problem about eating buffet. Other than eating the buffet, we also celebrated J2's birthday and we had a crazy time belting out songs after songs!

No comments: