Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Macaroni and Ham Soup

16/06/09, Tuesday - Lunch: Macaroni and Ham Soup. I attempted to make a bowl of Macaroni and Ham Soup - one of Hong Kong's favourite breakfast meal - and it was a good attempt despite the fact the soup was a little bland.

I chopped up some garlic and onions, hams (of course!) and I had some mixed vegetables as my fibre. I fried the garlic and onions till golden brown then I threw in the shredded hams and mixed vegetables into the pot. I stirred about a few minutes before I pour some water into the pot and bring it to a boil for about 10 minutes. I added salt, pepper and sesame oil for taste and flavouring.

I think I might have overcooked the ham thus the soup was a little bland. Maybe the next time, I will boil the chicken bones as the soup base.

No comments: