Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wedding Lunch at Daniel & Annabelle's Wedding

30/05/09, Saturday - Over the last weekend, I attended Daniel & Annabelle's wedding - one of my dear friends - at the Traders Hotel. The interesting thing about their wedding was that it was held in the afternoon rather than the usual dinner which would eventually last till 11pm. So that day I didn't had a heavy breakfast, instead, I had a light one.

Their banquet hall was a pretty small and cosy one which holds about 20 plus tables. The other best thing about their wedding was that the ceremony was on time, thus, no time was wasted. Having saying that, the lunch came on time as well. :)

The first dish that arrived was Cold Dish Platter where the servers would walked in fashionably and cheesy way. The platter comprises of Roast Chicken, Salad Prawns, Sushi, Jellyfish and Duck. Sorry for the dim picture.

The second dish was Shark Fin and Mushroom Soup. Not sure if it's the real shark fins though.

The third dish was Prawns with Green Pea pods. My friend, He, who sat next to me, doesn't like pea pod so I ended up eating more pea pods.

The fourth dish was Spicy Crispy Chicken. When the server came and serve us the plates of chicken, I was in fact, eying on the one with chicken wing and chicken breast. But it was yummy!

The fifth dish was Mushroom and Spinach. Yet again, my friend, He, doesn't like the unappealing taste of spinach so I ended up eating more spinach. I felt like I was the Popeye the Sailor Man.

Well, my food photo taking ended at this point as the rest of the dishes that came later were almost the same as what I would usually ate at the wedding 8-course meal. And people were amused by my photo taking of all the food that were placed before me.

The wedding lunch ended around 4pm and the people, including myself, on the table had a last chat before we went back home and rest for the day. If you ask me, I think wedding lunch is a great idea.

No comments: