Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Homemade Honey Baked Chicken Wings and Garlic Bread

Today's dinner: Honey Baked Chicken Wings.

I realised there were some chicken wings in the fridge and there was a bottle of newly-bought honey in my home. Thus, I decided to make some Honey Baked Chicken Wings as I have not tried making any honey-based food. In the afternoon, I surfed the net for recipes for Honey Baked Chicken Wings and I managed to find one from allrecipes.com. This recipe which I selected is pretty fuss-free and easy to make.

Also, I baked some potatoes together with the chicken wings for about 45 minutes at 200 deg. I was so worried that the chicken wouldn't turn out golden brown or something and I went to check the chicken like almost every 10 minutes.

Meantime, I chopped up some garlic and mixed it with butter and basil leaves for some flavour enhancement. I spread it on these small square pieces of bread and shove it into the oven for about 15 minutes.

After an hour, this was my family's complete dinner.

Surprisingly, the chicken turned out to be good. Naturally, the honey flavour was there and I was elated. Fortunately, my food endeavor went well. As for the garlic bread, it tasted like croutons because the bread became hard instead of being softer. Anyhow, it was still good.

This is my plate.

My brother commented that my garlic bread didn't have the 'Omph' feeling to it while my dad enjoyed the chicken as much as I do.

No comments: