Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Disappointing Meal at Gluttons Bay

21/05/09, Thursday - I met up with Zoe in the evening to catch the gala opening of Sutra - the opening core shows of the Singapore Arts Festival 2009. Initially, the show started off insipidly but midway through the show, the tempo begun to pick up. However, it was the music composed by Polish Composer Szymon Brzoska that took my breath away especially towards the end of the breathtaking shadow-boxing finale.

Here is a short snippet of Sutra.



After the show, we headed to Gluttons Bay which is situated next to Esplanade Mall. I ordered a plate of Char Kway Teow (S$4.00) and Zoe ordered a plate of Char Tow Kway (S$4.00).

The place wasn't crowded when we went there and there was even an occasional breeze in amidst of the humid night atmosphere. Sadly, both dishes failed to meet our expectations. I regretted eating my plate of Char Kway Teow. In fact, I think I should have ordered something else from Gluttons Bay. Oh well, I guess I won't be visiting Gluttons Bay for some time.

1 comment:

Sin Yee said...

Yes! Makansutra food is getting from bad to worse, stopping at WORST! And we don't really have much of a choice cos' we have to eat there when we work at Esplanade and other restaurants are too expensive.