Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dinner with Ellie and Cheryl

20/05/09, Wednesday - Dinner: Shokudo@Heeren. Originally, it was supposed to be the gathering of the 5ofus but I guess some of us had conflicting schedules at that point of time, thus, only Ellie, Cheryl and I managed to meet up.

This outlet was a little smaller compared to its other counterparts, hence, the choices of food are dwindled down to the popular items such as the usual Yakitori, Japanese Hotpot, Ramen and Desserts. After browsing through this 'marketplace', I decided to opt for something filling which is the carbohydrates: rice. I ordered Unagi Fried Rice with Egg (S$9.80). The original cost of the fried rice is S$6.80 but I added an omelette which costs me an additional charge of S$3.00.

This is the innard shot of the dish.

The dish wasn't that fantastic but it was still edible.

Apart from that, I also ordered a plate of Plain Rosti (S$4.80) as it has been long time since I touched rosti. The last time I had was my visit to the now-defunct Marche at Suntec City. I split the rosti into four pieces and shared it with Ellie. The potato pancake was a little oily but overall, it was still okay.

Ellie had the Ultra-Thin Crust Seafood Pizza (approx. S$9.80). Previously, we had the Hokkaido - Style Curry Mashed Potato Cheese Pizza which was great.

During our dinner, our dear friend Cheryl played with her new toy, the Luv-U Therapy Ball, a gift from Ellie.

We had a ball of a time (no pun intended!) asking questions like, "Will I have a boyfriend this year?", "Will he look like so-and-so?" or "Will my boyfriend be a British?". But I guess it was this ball that got us bonded together in that dinner.

2 comments:

Yuriko Hayashi said...

Those photos are making me hungry.. thanks. :) Actually, the first pic looks like my dad's omelet. :)

5 loaves and 2 fish said...

Hi Yuriko, I'm glad that you enjoyed those food photos...