Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Meal

20/06/09, Saturday - My dad came back home from work and surprised me with a food which I didn't quite expected. It was a durian! I was screaming with delight secretly in my heart because I haven't been eating for almost a year. I miss eating Mao Shan Wang durian! Hah!

Apparently, my dad told me that he picked it up from the forest near his workplace so the fruit itself was a little different from those which you buy from the shop. There was only seed per compartment. Usually, there are at least three seeds per compartment. After tasting it, it wasn't that bad. It was rather sweet.

For dinner, Yi's mum cooked Sweet and Sour Pork which was slightly different from the usual sweet and sour pork that are in the market. She didn't deep fried the pork instead, she pan fried the pork slices and cut it into smaller pieces.

Then my third aunt cooked Fish Head Curry. I was famished when I first saw the pippin hot fish head curry. Well, you know what happened next.

I haven't had such a satisfying meal till this day. Yum!

No comments: