Friday, December 5, 2008

An Advance Birthday Treat at Fish and Co.

I am not kidding. I have not been to Fish and Co. - one of the hot favourites eateries with the yuppies and young people - until last Wednesday. You see, on Wednesday, Zoe and Ellie celebrated my birthday in advance at Fish and Co.@The Glass House as I have requested. Sadly, Gin and Cheryl wasn't around for the dinner if not, it would be so much fun! Thinking of that, I miss them!

Anyway, my other friends told me that the common food which people would ordered whenever they dined at Fish and Co. is Seafood Platter for Two (S$37.90). Nevertheless, I still studied the menu carefully before I start ordering the food. As Ellie and I were famished (we actually skipped our lunch just for this meal!), we almost wanted to eat everything that is on the menu. Hah!

Zoe told us that the Seafood Platter for Two can be shared among three people or more because the portion is really big. True enough, when the platter finally arrived, it was huge. But prior to that, I order Soup of the Day - Fish Chowder (S$3.90).

The Fish Chowder surprised me as there were chunks of dory fillets, carrots, onions and etc. in the creamy soup. Yummy!

The Seafood Platter for Two consists of an assortments of seafood, together with French Fries, sprinkled with Cajun Powder and Butter and Raisin Rice. They even drizzled a little of their signature sauce, Garlic Butter Cream Sauce.

I quite like the big chunky fries which has the Cajun Powder on it. The Pan-fried Fish Dory Fillet wasn't too bad; the texture of the meat was soft and tender. I didn't really like the Grilled Prawns as it wasn't really fantastic at all. But I like the way how the Squids (Sotong) were cooked. It was soft and it didn't take very long before the squid slid through my throat, unlike some places where the Squids are as hard as a stone. Ellie and I gave all the mussels to Zoe as the both of us don't take mussels at all.

The Pan-Fried Fish Dory Fillet

The Grilled Prawns

The Squids (Sotong)

The Mussels

Ellie was afraid that we didn't have enough to eat so she ordered New York Fish and Chips (S$15.90) for us to share.

The batter for Fish and Chips was pretty heavy; it was more salty than the usual fish and chips and moreover, the Lemon Butter Sauce which was on top of the fish made it even heavier and rich. But I must say that the fish was cooked it its perfection.

As for dessert, Zoe and Ellie made me choose a cake for which I chose Dulce De Leche Colossal - a cheesecake toppled with Caramel Sauce
(S$6.95).

It was sweet of them to put a candle on top of the cake slice and sang a birthday song for me. Thanks gals! As a result of all the heavy and rich main course we had, we had a hard time finishing the cake. In fact, we took a long time to polish off the cake from the plate.

In order to ease our heavy stomach, we took a long walk along the streets of Orchard Road under the night breeze and colourful Christmas glittering lights.


No comments: