Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Lunch at Andrew and Sharon's Place

On Christmas Day, I celebrated with my family, relatives and cousins at Andrew and Sharon's place. For the cousins, it was more of a reunion lunch for us as two of my cousins - Andrew and Xinyi, together with her husband - returned from Australia and American respectively for this holiday season. It was truly a season to be jolly!

Although my family doesn't celebrate Christmas, we still went over to their place to soak in the festive season. Andrew and Sharon's parents ordered Christmas buffet for everyone. However, due to my upcoming therapy, I wasn't allow to eat certain food which was a pity for me as I love food. Therefore, I can't evaluate certain food. :( Anyway, enjoy the food pictures!

Seafood Fried Rice Wrapped in Lotus Leaf

Fried Mee Siam

Scallop Mornay

Chicken Schnitzel

Tempura King Prawns with Chilli Sauce

Squid Stuffed with Meat

Stir-fry Mixed Vegetables

Chicken and Mutton Satay

Lontong, Onion and Cucumber for the Satay

Roast Turkey and Ham

Of all the dishes and from what I ate, I think Chicken Schnitzel was the best. It was crispy on the outside and moist in the inside. Yum! :) Sadly, the main highlight which was the Roast Turkey and ham fell flat.

As for the desserts, it was colourful and enchanting! My mother made some jellies specially just for that day. This is her one of her creations which I called it "Clowns in a mystical land'.

This creation proved that it needed alot of work in order to get this result. But my mother felt that there is some room for improvement in this creation.

Then she also made this striped jelly which consists of three colours - red, green and white. Coincidentally, it looks like an Italian national flag to me.

She also made this colourful Konnyaku fruit Jelly which everyone polished it off in a short period of time. Through all her ardous work for the past few days, she finally and managed to churn out all these three colourful jellies with of course, my help.

Then, there was this hot dessert called 'Bobo Chacha'. It is actually a flavourful coconut soup filled with yams, sweet potatoes and other stuff swimming inside the sweet soup. There is this debate among us arguing about what does bobo and chacha mean exactly.

Lastly, how can a Christmas lunch ended off without the famous Christmas log cake? These were a few slices of the chocolate log cake provided by the caterer and to me, it looked more like a swiss roll than a log cake to me.

Yet again, I have to say this year's Christmas was the best among the rest of the Christmas's I have ever celebrated.

No comments: