Monday, December 22, 2008

Saturday's McDonald's Breakfast and A Huge Tweety Bird

20/12/08, Saturday - My brother and I went to the heartlands - Ang Mo Kio's latest McDonald's outlet at the park - for their morning breakfast meals. The both of us woke up at 8.30am to have breakfast as their breakfast menu ends at 11am. Moreover, we wanted to avoid the morning crowd that is filled with families and children.

There was a McCafe inside of that McDonald's outlet and my brother had a hard time choosing which morning menu to have. In the end, he chose the McDonald's menu.

Due to my tiredness, I couldn't articulate my thoughts very well that morning and I guess I fumbled when I ordered my breakfast. Here was how the conversation went:

Me: (browsing through the menu on the board) Can I have one Hotdog with Sausage meal?

Staff: What?

Me: Can I have one Hotdog with Sausage meal?


Staff: (louder) What?


Me: (realising my mistake) Can I have one Hotcakes with Sausage Meal?

Well, I managed to cover up my mistakes by acting nonchalant. But I was embarrassed of course yet I tried my best to hide the embarrassment. Anyway, I finally had my Hotcakes with Sausage Meal (S$5.95).

It was really nice to eat McDonald's Breakfast once in a while especially when one can refill their coffee or tea endlessly. The both of us sat down at the alfresco area next to the park where we can see the trees and plants. Basically we tried to stay close to the nature.

After the breakfast, we hopped over to the AMK Hub for some groceries shopping. I got myself a beautiful planner at this shop called, Art Box. Lovely place. Then along the way, we saw a huge Tweety Bird on display and it was for this "Guess the weight of this Tweety Bird" contest. Out of amusement, I took this picture.

Soon after that, I left the place to meet Charlene at Holland Village and subsequently went shopping at Vivocity. Given that it was the weekend, the shopping mall was so crowded that Charlene and I sneaked out to the amphitheatre which is located at the top level. That was when I took this picture of a huge Christmas tree with diamond's ornaments.



1 comment:

Pat R said...

I've found that the McCafe Latte pairs nicely with the Sausage McMuffin