Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pie Kia's Curry Chicken Pie

5/12/08, Friday - I went to Ang Mo Kio Hub to meet my friend's friend to discuss about his programme booklet for his debut theatre performance over the weekend. After the meeting, I headed to this new stall called, Pie Kia - a funny pun for 'gangster' in Hokkien dialect. There were a variety of big and small pies being sold in the stall, namely, mushroom chicken pie, lemon chicken pie and not forgetting, the all-time favourite, curry chicken pie.

I choose the large Curry Chicken Pie (S$1.50) and decided to eat it for my tea-time. The pie wasn't really huge like the ones in Australia but instead, it was more like a medium-sized pie. The texture of the pastry wasn't flaky but it was more likely a thick pastry.

The filling of the pie was spicy, fortunately and it wasn't too oily. So it's pretty good for people who don't really like oily fillings.

No comments: