Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Andrew and Melissa's Wedding at Orchid Country Club

Over the weekend, my family and my cousins celebrated the holy matrimonial of our beloved cousin, Andrew and his newly-wed wife, Melissa at Orchid Country Club. Andrew, my cousin who now resides in Australia, married Melissa last year at Down Under and now, they are back for a Singapore's wedding. It is good to be reunited again as we hardly see other.

The wedding was held in a grand ballroom which was also called, "The Grand Ballroom" and it was no doubt 'the grand ballroom' because the ballroom itself is really grand and huge. When we arrived in the afternoon, there was a tea ceremony for the bride and groom and it basically involved the elders, not the younger generation.

As I was helping out in the reception, I wasn't able to capture pictures of the appetiser and the soup course. However, I managed to capture pictures of the food after the soup course. So here it goes:

Steamed Live Garoupa With Superior Soya Sauce. The texture of the flesh was soft and the fish appeared to be fresh. With the combination of the soya sauce, the taste was good. I had more than one serving.

Deep Fried Scallop with Mashed Yam. This was my favourite dish which has yams! As long as there is yam of any kind, that would be my favourite dish. Inside of the yam ball, there lies a small scallop. So it was a combination between sweet and salty.

Baked Prawns with Chicken Floss. Apologies for the badly-taken picture. As for this course, I actually enjoyed munching on the spicy chicken floss than the prawns.

Braised Chicken with Eight Treasure. This was my least favourite dish. There was some herbal ingredients being integrated into the dish which puts me off. But I did sample the dish in a small portion and it still didn't manage to change my perception on this dish.

Braised Spinach Topped with Bailing Mushroom & Beancurd Skin. This vegetable was one of the kind which I find it intriguing. It's true. There were three kinds of ingredients in the dish itself - mushrooms, vegetable and I am sure there were slices of abalone. Nonetheless, I enjoyed eating this dish.

Stewed Ee-Fu Noodle with Mushroom & Yellow Chives. This dish signified longevity for the couple. Sadly there wasn't enough mushroom and yellow chives for me to munch on.

Hot Red Bean Cream with Lily Bud and Lotus Seeds. This dessert was awesome. There was sweetness in every sip and there was enough lotus seeds. I have two servings for this course. Yum.

Despite all the raving of the food above, I didn't really have my fill, sadly. I guess I should have eaten to my fill. But it's alright. There is always a next time.

No comments: