Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Unpleasant dining experience at Pizza Hut

11/12/08, Thursday - I met up with my good friend, Wati for dinner at Pizza Hut@Marina Square. She decided to celebrate my birthday at Pizza Hut as she enjoys eating pizza and moreover, it's a Halal establishment. A few years back, she celebrated my birthday at Pizza Hut too but at different place.

By the time we stepped into the restaurant, we were so hungry. We discussed about what we want to order and so we decided to have our mains and a large Cheesy Lava 3 Stuffed Crust Pizza (S$24.50) to share as Ping and her boyfriend would be joining with us at the later part of the dinner.

I had Beef Lasagne (S$9.20) because I had not eaten lasagne before and I thought perhaps I should try eating one. But to my horror, when the lasagne arrived on the table, the portion was so small and I wondered, " this cost me, S$9.20?" I'm not trying to be cheapskate. I just want to make my money worth. Anyway, the lasagne wasn't really fanastic after all.

Wati had Sausage Mania Baked Pasta (S$9.80). I didn't really try this dish but looking at her eating happily, I presumed she enjoyed it.

Given the small food portion, I felt hungry again. I asked Wati if she wanted to have Garlic Bread (S$3.50) as I haven't had for a long time. She agreed.

Meanwhile, we informed the wait staff that they can get our pizza ready as Ping and her boyfriend were making their way to the restaurant. However, we also contemplating whether to have medium or large pizza as we had so much stuff yet we want to make sure that Ping and her boyfriend can have the pizzas well. Eventually we stuck to the medium-sized pizza. Halfway through our Garlic Bread, the restaurant manager came and asked us about our orders twice. She didn't really looked friendly. Well, it was true that we changed our orders a few times and it seemed like we were difficult people but then for service staff, they should have know that some people would change their orders once in a while. We also tried our best to be nice to her as well. Oh well.

Subsequently when we want to refill our drinks, the wait staff also took a long time to get back to us about the water. In the end, Wati and I weren't pleased about it.

Now, I will think twice about going back to the restaurant.


No comments: