Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pre-Christmas Homecooked Dinner at My Place

Last night, I opened up my place for the 5ofus group - Gin, Ellie and Zoe came over for dinner. However, Cheryl couldn't make it as she was down with food poisoning. Hope she recovers soon though. :)

I spent two whole days cleaning my place for their arrival and also planning on the menu. But eventually, these were what I churned out last night:

Roasted Chicken. I marinated it with salt, pepper, basil leaves and garlic and kept it for two hours before I spent another one hour plus on roasting. I decided to chop up on the chicken into a few pieces rather than having to roast the entire chicken. I did so in order for the guests to eat with ease.

Roasted Potato and Carrots. I chopped up the Russets Potatoes and the baby carrots into different pieces and then boil it for about 10-20 minutes. After that, I placed them into the oven for extra crispness.

Linguine with Mushroom Sauce. I decided to substitute this with rice.

For desserts, my mum prepared these colourful Konnyaku Jelly on Monday - it's basically a Japanese brand of jelly - and my friends love it.

I also scooped some chocolate ice cream with slices of bananas on a bowl for them but I guess they were too full to have some ice-cream. Heh.

We spent the entire night catching up with one another and eating food. It is always nice to have friends around to celebrate this festive season before we usher into the new year.



No comments: