Monday, December 22, 2008

Dao Siao Mian at Food Republic

21/12/08, Sunday - My church cell group and myself went to Food Republic@Wisma Astria for a late lunch as one of us, Vana had work that day and couldn't attend the service. Moreover, our beloved Cherie finally returned home from Australia for a break. Yay!

I went all over the food court to see if there is any stall that attracts me but I guess the only stall that attracted me was the Japanese Teppanyaki. Sadly none of us was interested in the Teppanyaki as the majority wanted to eat the famous Hokkien Mee.

Eventually I had this bowl of Chicken Dao Siao Mian (S$5.80) from this noodle stall.

Dao Siao Mian is actually a noodle speciality in China where the chef would slice the dough into strips of noodles with precision and then into the hot water. It's almost like Handmade Noodles except that the noodles didn't go through the machine roller. The chicken drumsticks were soft and tender. The noodles and the soup base were great as well. This bowl of noodles never failed to open up my appetite.

No comments: